The Widow and the Judge
John Paul Westing continues our fall series "Now But Not Yet" which will take us through until the end of November. The series are clearly related as Jesus teaches his disciples about the kingdom of God so that when the Holy Spirit comes they will be empowered to living in it, the kingdom of God, here on earth, as one day in heaven. The teaching and practical insights he gives them about how he lives in the Kingdom, provide the guidance they (we) will need to live there as well.
Questions for Personal and Small Group Considerations on the Sunday Gospel Reading Luke 18:1-8 – The Widow and the Judge
1. What did you use to get your way with your parents: Sulk? Cry? Bribe? Persist? Force? Wit? What worked best?
2. What method did this woman use as she approached the judge?
3. How is God like and unlike the judge?
4. As for prayer, are you more likely to give up or hang tough? Why?
5. Does this story mean you should keep praying to get rich or to see the coming of God’s kingdom? Why?